564 Amsterdam Ave
New York NY 10024
See all nearby Indian restaurants.
- Chana Chat
- Chickpeas, onion, sweet chutney, mint chutney, tomato and cucumber.
- Green Salad
- Indian salad of cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Chicken Chat
- Pieces of chicken and cucumber tossed in tamarind sauce with herbs and spices.
- Papadum (4Pcs)
- Thin bean wafers.
- Vegetable Samosa (2 Pcs)
- Crisp pastry turnover filled with vegetable.
- Vegetable Pakoras (4 Pcs)
- Patties of mildly spiced vegetables.
- Meat Samosa (2 Pcs)
- Crispy pastry turnover filled with minced meat.
- Chana Poori
- Indian deep-fried bread with spiced sauteed chickpeas.
- Vegetable Platter
- A tasty vegetarian platter consisting of vegetable samosa, vegetable pakoras and crispy lentil wafer served with a special tamarind chutney. For 2
- Calcutta Kabab
- Diced lamb sauteed with fresh ginger, garlic, green pepper, onion and tomatoes served with fluffly poori bread.
- Fresh Shrimp
- Shrimp cooked in bengal style served with fully bread.
- Crab Bombay
- Crab meat sauteed with onions and tomatoes, flavored with spices and herbs served with light poori
- Mulligatawny Soup
- Traditional lentil soup.
- Coconut Soup
- Delicious coconut with coconut cream in hot milk.
- Unleavened, freshly baked bread
- Whole wheat bread
- White flour bread puffed up & deep fried
- Leavened bread, fresh baked
- Multi layered, grilled white flour bread topped with melted butter
- Garlic Nan
- Nan seasoned with garlic butter
- Aloo Paratha
- Stuffed with mildly spiced potatoes
- Onion Kuicha
- Nan stuffed with spiced onion
- Spinach Nan
- Nan with spinach
- Keema Nan
- Nan bread stuffed with spiced flavored minced meat
- Muglai Paratha
- Stuffed with meat, egg, chopped onion & pepper
- Chicken Curry
- Chicken in a mild curry sauce
- Chicken Shaag
- Boneless chicken simmered in cream spinach and fresh ginger.
- Chicken Vindaloo
- Spiced chicken cooked in a sharp and pungent curry sauce
- Chicken Kurma
- Chicken cooked in a creamy coconut sauce
- Chicken Makhni
- Tandoori chicken simmered in mildly spiced tomato and butter sauce.
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Pieces of boneless chicken from the tandoori oven cooked in fine spices.
- Chicken Kashmiri
- Chicken in a creamy sauce with pineapple, almond and raisins.
Lamb & Beef
- Lamb Or Beef Curry
- Lean or beef cooked in mild curry sauce.
- Lamb Or Beef Bhuna
- Lamb or beef cooked with tomato and onions spiced medium
- Rogan Josh
- Tender juicy lamb pieces cooked in spicy sauce, garnished with fried onion, tomato and green pepper.
- Keema Mutter
- Minced meat cooked with green peas and exotic spices.
- Lamb Or Beef Moglai
- Lamb of beef simmered in creamy curry sauce with almonds.
- Lamb Or Beef Shaag
- Lamb or beef cooked with spinach and blended with spices.
From the Sea
- Shrimp Curry
- Fresh shrimp in a mild curry sauce.
- Shrimp Vindaloo
- Fresh shrimp cooked in a very hot sauce, madras style.
- Shrimp Shaag
- Fresh shrimp cooked with spinach in a thick spice sauce.
- Shrimp Patia
- Fresh shrimp cooked with lentils and hot spices.
- Shrimp Muglai
- Fresh shrimp sauteed with ginger & garlic in a creamy cutty sauce with almont
- Fish Masala
- Delicate fish fillets sauteed bengali style with onions, tomatoes, chilies and fresh herbs.
- Crab Meat Curry
- Fresh crab meat in a mild curry sauce.
- Vegetable Biryani
- Fresh vegetable blended with fragrant basmati rice, raisins & almonds
- Chicken or Lamb Biryani
- Boneless chicken or lamb cooked with fragrant basmati rice, sweet spices, almond, raising and coconuts.
- Shrimp Biryani
- Fresh shrimp blended with fragrant basmati rice, raisin and almonds.
- Tanpura Biryani
- Chicken tandoori, minced meat, green peas, dried fruits and eggs with fragrant basmati rice.
From The Garden
- Dal Makhni
- Black lentils sauteed in ghee with ginger and garlic.
- Mixed Vegetable Curry
- Fresh garden vegetables sauteed in a lightly spiced sauce.
- Chana Shaag
- Chickpeas and spinach cooked in a special flavored sauce.
- Mushroom Shaag
- Mushroom and spinach cooked with aromatic spices.
- Dhal Shaag
- Spinach and lentils cooked with specially flavored sauce.
- Alu Mattor Gobi
- Potatoes, peas and cauliflower cooked together in masala sauce.
- Okra Masala
- Tender young okra braised with onions, tomatoes and spices.
- Shaag Ponir
- Cubes of homemade cheese cooked with fresh spinach & aromatic spices
- Mattor Ponir
- Fried cottage cheese cooked with green peas, blended with tomatoes.
- Begun Bhorta
- Baked eggplant blended with herbs, sauteed onion and tomatoes.
- Vegetable Jalfrezi
- Fresh vegetable sauteed with green pepper, onion and tomatoes
- Vegetable Vindaloo
- Cooked in a very spicy sauce, madras style.
- Vegetable Malai Kofta
- Minced fresh vegetable rounded cakes, cooked with spices and served in a velvety, coriander-scented cream sauce.
- Vegetable Makhni
- Fresh vegetables simmered in a mildly spiced tomato and butter sauce
- Vegetable Kurma
- Mixed vegetables cooked with cream, almonds and sweet spices.
Tandoori & Grill
- Tandoori Chicken
- Spring chicken marinated in yogurt and spices, cooked in special oven.
- Chicken Tikka
- Marinated boneless chicken breast flavored with spices cooked in special oven.
- Seekh Kebab
- Marinated minced meat with onions and herbs, roasted on skewers.
- Boti Kebab
- Chunks of lamb marinated in mild spices and cooked in special oven
- Tandoori Mixed Grill
- Chicken tandoori, shrimp tandoori, chicken tikka, boti kebab and seekh kebab
- Tandoori Shrimp
- Jumbo shrimp marinated in lemon, ginger, garlic and broiled over mild charcoal heat.
- Sabji Thali
- Mattor, chana shaag, alu mottor gobi, pilaf rice, raita and dhal makhni.
- Gosht Thali
- Tandoori chicken, lamb shaag, alu mottor gobi, poori, pilaf rice, raitha and dhal makhni.
- Crab meat, shrimp shaag, fish masala, raitha, nan, rice and dhal makhni.
- Goat Curry
- Goat meat in a mild curry sauce.
- Goat Vindaloo
- Baby goat cooked in a spicy curry sauce.
- Goat Bhuna
- Medium spiced goat cooked with tomatoes and onions.
- Goat Danshak
- Goat cooked with lentils, spinach and hot spicy spices.
- Vegetable Korai
- Fresh vegetables curried in a lightly spiced gravy with spring onion, tomato and green peppers served on a hot platter.
- Lamb Korai
- Lamb curried in lightly spiced gravy with spring onion, tomato, green peppers, coriander leaf and mild spices, served on a hot platter.
- Balti Malaya
- Lamb cooked with coconut, creamy sauce and banana.
- Balti Shrimp
- Mildly spiced king shrimp grilled in oven. Cooked with red wine.
All dishes are served with vegetable pakor, salad, rice & coriander chutney
- Mixed Vegetable Curry
- Lentil Sauteed with Ginger and Garlic
- Chick Peas with Spinach & Tomatoes
- Aloo Saag
- Spinach & potato
- Aloo Motter
- Green peas & potato
- Tandoori Chicken
- 1/4 Chicken
- Chicken Curry
- Beef Curry with Vegetable
- Lamb with Spinach
- Dal Saag
- Spinach & lentils
- Chana Aloo
- Chick peas & potato
- Hot Sauce
- Mango Pickle
- Hot and spicy
- Mango Chutney
- Sweet mango relish
- Cucumber and yogurt with cooling effect
- Spinach with Chick Peas
- Baby Okra with Tomato
- Bombay Potato
- Tarka Dal
- Lentil cooked with herbs and spices
- Homemade cottage cheese, sweetened with condensed milk flavored with rose water and nuts.
- Rice pudding cooked with coconuts, raisins, almonds, flavored with rose water and nuts
- Gulab Jamon
- Milk ball fried in honey syrup
- Indian ice cream flavored with nuts and saphron
- Mango Ice Cream
- Yogurt and sweetened rose water
- Mango Lassi
- Mango flavored yogurt rose water
- Tea & Coffee
- S. Pellegrino
- 750 ml
DISCLAIMER: Menu for Indian Tanpura provided by Allmenus.com. Information shown may not reflect recent changes. Check with this restaurant for current pricing and menu information. A listing on Allmenus.com does not necessarily reflect our affiliation with or endorsement of the listed restaurant, or the listed restaurant's endorsement of Allmenus.com. Please tell us by clicking here if you know that any of the information shown is incorrect. For more information, please read our Terms and Conditions.